The information on this page is for dnsjava-2.1.3-1.jpp6.src.rpm, a source rpm; you are probably more interested in these binaries built from it:
RPM Information for dnsjava-2.1.3-1.jpp6.src.rpm
|Name: dnsjava||Distribution: JPackage|
|Version: 2.1.3||Vendor: JPackage Project|
|Release: 1.jpp6||Build date: Mon Feb 13 15:03:30 2012|
|Epoch: 0||Build host: flat.netmindz.net|
|Group: Development/Libraries/Java||RPM file: dnsjava-2.1.3-1.jpp6.src.rpm|
|Size: 1073374||Source RPM: (none)|
|Section: free||License: BSD|
|Packager: Ralph Apel <r.apel at r-apel.de>|
|Summary: Java DNS implementation|
dnsjava is an implementation of DNS in Java. It supports all of the common|
record types and the DNSSEC types. It can be used for queries, zone transfers,
and dynamic updates. It includes a cache which can be used by clients, and a
minimal implementation of a server. It supports TSIG authenticated messages,
partial DNSSEC verification, and EDNS0.
dnsjava provides functionality above and beyond that of the InetAddress class.
Since it is written in pure Java, dnsjava is fully threadable, and in many
cases is faster than using InetAddress.
dnsjava provides both high and low level access to DNS. The high level
functions perform queries for records of a given name, type, and class, and
return an array of records. There is also a clone of InetAddress, which is
even simpler. A cache is used to reduce the number of DNS queries sent. The
low level functions allow direct manipulation of dns messages and records, as
well as allowing additional resolver properties to be set.
A 'dig' clone and a dynamic update program are
Change Log for dnsjava-2.1.3-1.jpp6.src.rpm
* Mon Feb 13 2012 Ralph Apel <r.apel at r-apel.de> 0:2.1.3-1|
* Tue Apr 14 2009 Ralph Apel <r.ape at r-apel.de> 0:2.0.6-1.jpp5
* Fri Aug 20 2004 Ralph Apel <r.ape at r-apel.de> 0:1.5.1-2jpp
- Build with ant-1.6.2
* Thu Jan 22 2004 David Walluck <david at anti-microsoft.org> 0:1.5.1-1jpp
- remove crosslink patch (merged upstream)
* Fri Oct 10 2003 Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta at iki.fi> - 0:1.4.3-1jpp
- Update to 1.4.3.
- Crosslink with local J2SE javadocs.
- Spec cleanups, save in UTF-8.
* Tue May 06 2003 David Walluck <david at anti-microsoft.org> 0:1.3.2-2jpp
- update for JPackage 1.5
* Wed Mar 12 2003 Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta at iki.fi> - 1.3.2-1jpp
- Update to 1.3.2.
- Use ant instead of make for building.
- Drop patches, and include DNSSEC/JCE code.
- Use sed instead of bash 2 extension when symlinking jars during build.
* Sat May 11 2002 Guillaume Rousse <guillomovitch at users.sourceforge.net> 1.2.4-1jpp
- updated by Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta at iki.fi>
- Updated to 1.2.4.
- Fixed Vendor, Distribution and Group tags.
- Updated description.
- Versioned javadocs.
- Added -no-debug and -no-jce patches.
- Doesn't BuildRequire ant.
* Fri Dec 07 2001 Guillaume Rousse <guillomovitch at users.sourceforge.net> 1.2.3-2jpp
- javadoc into javadoc package
* Fri Nov 02 2001 Guillaume Rousse <guillomovitch at users.sourceforge.net> 1.2.3-1jpp
- first JPackage release
(the display of the changelog may be truncated if it is too long)